Here are my top ten reasons (in random order and importance) why fall is the absolute best season of the year. Ready?
- Goodbye, 100 degree days. Could that actually be a chill in the air? Or less than 50% humidity? Days in the 80’s are just pipe dreams in July.
- The grass stops its incessant growing. Lawn mowers can rest. The weekly grass cutting slows. Down. A. Lot.
- Pumpkin spice. Everything.
- Boots and jackets.
- Bare skin goes under wraps.
- You can be outside without sweating and having a heat stroke.
- Leaves turn glorious colors.
- Fall festivals abound (less so during a pandemic).
- You can build a fire in the fireplace and in the firepit.
- Flannel pajamas.
I can’t stop at 10! What about. . .
- Halloween and Thanksgiving.
- Hot coffee on a cool morning.
- No more bugs, snakes, or creepy crawlies.
- Fall decorations.
That’s my list. I’d love to hear what you would add or take away. Welcome, Fall!