Most people probably think that their own birthday month is the best month of the year. Teachers usually like the months of June and July for obvious reasons. Kids love December because of Santa. Some people like March and April for their spring blossoms and warmer days. But me? I love October the most.
Here are some reasons I believe October is the best month of the whole year:
- Halloween–the best excuse to have candy in the house.
- For teachers, the school year isn’t new any more and classroom routines have been established.
- For parents, the school year isn’t new any more and family routines have been established.
- Grass growth has slowed down considerably, requiring less mowing.
- Temperatures have cooled considerably, requiring less watering.
- Fall festivals, flea markets, and yard sales abound.
- The boots and sweaters can finally come out of storage.
- It’s cool enough to sit outside in the evenings without breaking a sweat.
- Archery hunting season!
- Fall foliage is more beautiful to me than spring color.
- Holiday decorating begins–Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas!
- New fall television programming.
|Pumpkins, mums, and scarecrows!
I’m sure that is not an exhaustive list, but it should help explain why October rocks. It’s almost over, so enjoy!