I am not aware of a single person who would say that this year has been a favorite. I suppose if you had a baby or got married or met the person of your dreams, then it was a good year, but I believe for the vast majority it has been a year that no one will be sorry to see go.
How do I hate thee, 2020? Let me count the ways:
- COVID-19. Pandemic.
- Mud-slinging political campaigns.
- COVID-19. Death.
- Record-breaking hurricane season.
- COVID-19. Loss of freedom.
- Record-breaking wildfires.
- COVID-19. Businesses lost.
- A Presidential election mired in controversy. Who really won?
- COVID-19. Loss of social connections.
Will 2021 be different? Most assuredly. Will it be better? We can only hope. Thank goodness my hope is in the Lord Jesus Christ. He knows the future. He knows the way. And I know Him. Do you?
I hope you are well. Stay safe.