- a mini flagpole for only two bucks;
- a vintage floral sheet I’ll use to cover a chair seat for only one dollar;
- a vintage Fisher-Price (it still has the label) duck pull toy for only one dollar (great for Christmas decor);
- a baby’s Mexican dress and Old Navy shoes for one dollar (to be part of a baby gift I’m giving);
- a super soft floppy-eared rabbit with a microwavable bean filler for only .25 (may be another gift);
- new plate stands in the package for one dollar (great for chalkboard trays);
- local artist-made owl clock which still works for only five dollars;
- old metal flower frog for .50;
- silver tray for chalkboarding, $2.00;
- heavy brass curtain rods, $3.00;
- vintage drawing books, .25 each (Natalie stole these from me!);
- vintage beaded purse, $4;
- laminate clipboard, .50.
Tag: yard sale
RANDOM FRIDAY: Sales everywhere!
Where to go, where to go? Weekends in October are jam-packed with choices. There are all kinds of festivals, garage sales, yard sales, highway sales, and barn sales! Yesterday I took Mom for a haircut, met my sister Sharon and her hubby and daughter for lunch at a little sandwich shop in Mineola, Texas, and then Mom and I checked out some of the sales along Highway 80.
This is the weekend of the Highway 80 yard sale, which is quite similar to the 400-mile endless yard sale of HGTV fame. Sales are supposed to stretch across East Texas from Wills Point all the way to Shreveport, Louisiana! We focused on the tiny strip of 80 that runs through Mineola, and found a few goodies!
Today hubby and I made the trip to the small town of Gresham south of Tyler for the Gresham Barn Sale. I found out a few months ago that one of my former students, Jodi Tjoelker Miller, is the proprietor of this sale and her business, Vintage and Co. It was great to see her after over twenty years, and to see what a talented entrepreneur and crafter she has become! She had tons of goodies–antiques, crafting supplies, vintage decor. I nabbed a couple of things I couldn’t resist, but I could have loaded my whole SUV down!
Shots from the barn from Jodi’s blog. . .